What is a Full Stack Developer and what do they do?
The job of a full stack developer is to design and develop end-to-end web applications, which involves working with the front-end and back-end of the application, as well as the database and server. They are responsible for implementing and maintaining the entire web application, and ensuring that it is fully functional and performant.
On a day-to-day basis, a full stack developer might work on tasks such as:
- Writing code to implement new features and functionality
- Debugging and fixing issues in the application
- Collaborating with other team members to plan and design new features
- Testing and deploying code to production servers
- Maintaining and updating existing code
- Optimizing the performance and scalability of the application
- Researching and staying up-to-date with new technologies and best practices in software development.
In other words, a full stack developer is a highly skilled and versatile software developer who is proficient in all stages of web application development. They have a deep understanding of both front-end and back-end technologies, and are able to design and develop end-to-end web applications that are fully functional and performant. With their comprehensive knowledge and expertise, full stack developers play a crucial role in the creation and maintenance of modern web applications.
Be a Full Stack Developer
One simple way to jumpstart your career as a full stack developer is by enrolling in WeStride's Full Stack Development Bootcamp. In this program, you'll not only gain the technical skills required to succeed in the field, but also develop important habits and approaches, such as how to think, learn, and work as a developer.
Click here to schedule a call with us now to know more about your opportunities in becoming a software engineer.